Current Speaking Events:
Are You Connecting? Maximizing Your Communication Style to Build Credibility: eProgram Series (4 Sessions) starting 7/20, 2016
Qualifies for 4 SHRM PDCs / HRCI Recertification Credits
Meets in four, one-hour online sessions: 7/20, 7/27, 8/3, 8/10
As an HR Professional, you are responsible for communicating diverse messages at all levels in your company – communicating upwards, downwards, to leaders, mid-level managers, all employees, one-on-one and small group meetings. And for a variety of reasons: for compliance, to inform, to engage, to build relationships, to motivate and to inspire.
Discover your natural connecting style and learn to enhance your professional voice to build credibility. Whether in a leadership or individual contributor role, you will gain concrete skills that build your credibility through understanding your communication and interpersonal style while using the most appropriate platform to deliver your messages.
Prior Speaking Events:
Qualifies for 5 SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) / HRCI Recertification Credits
Is your culture an asset and competitive advantage to achieving company objectives? Or is your culture a barrier to success? Are your employees energized coming to work and committed to doing their jobs? Or is there an undeniable heaviness in the air?
Leverage your company’s most valuable, yet often overlooked asset — your culture — to grow your business and energize your employees. Use facts and data to understand your company culture. You will take a culture survey and learn how to score and interpret your own results. You’ll discover the quantitative elements of your culture that promote growth, and:
- Identify the risks in your culture that need to change or improve
- Learn how to eliminate cultural blockages
- Design an action plan to share with senior leaders
Global Leadership Development
The Global HR Leaders Academy
How prepared are you to lead globally? How have you prepared your leaders to expand globally? I am privileged to be the co-Program Director of the Global HR Leaders Academy, an intensive development experience with a small cohort of HR colleagues and a practitioner faculty that will deepen your global acumen, broaden your network, and prepare you for expanded global responsibilities in your organization.
The Conference Board’s Global HR Leaders Academy welcomes experienced, mid- to senior-level HR leaders with responsibilities for global leadership development. Led by an expert faculty in a small group environment, the Global HR Academy experience includes:
- A personal, confidential assessment of your current global capability using the Trans-Global Leadership Assessment
- A 3-day intensive learning experience, coupled with pre-and post-event webcasts
- Simulations, interactive case studies with experienced practitioners from leading companies, individualized coaching and a personalized action plan
- Tools and techniques to help move your organization’s HR capability up the maturity curve
- Global HR Leader Certification and 13.5 HRCI credits
We look forward to welcoming you to the Academy.
The 20th Leadership Development Conference
Seminar on Succession Management, Annual Global Leadership Development Conference
“Hiring and Developing Global Leaders”
2000 Second Street
Coronado, CA 92118
Are you having trouble identifying and retaining global leadership talent? What is your global leadership development strategy? In this interactive session, you will receive a one of a kind assessment to test your own global acumen and those you are placing in global roles. You’ll learn where your organization is on the global maturity curve and how to put in place a global leadership development and succession plan that aligns with your organization’s global growth strategy.
Leading Effectively With Emotional Intelligence for the HR Professional
9:30 am – 3:30 pm
NCHRA Training Center
233 Sansome Street, Suite 508
San Francisco, CA 94104
Faced with competing priorities — from conflict resolution, coaching and counseling, to launching new programs and dealing with urgent issues — HR is constantly making important business decisions under pressure. Ensuring these decisions are logical, data driven and consider both short and long term implications for the organization is not always easy.
Being aware of your own emotional intelligence improves your decision making ability and drives your leadership performance forward.
Leave this seminar able to:
- Assess your own emotional style using the EI Star Profile
- Apply emotional intelligence skills and tools in your own work environment
- Create a personal development plan to improve your emotional intelligence
- Develop an action plan with specific steps to implement immediately
Qualifies for 5 Strategic/General Recertification Credits.
To register click here: Leading Effectively with Emotional Intelligence
Winning with Transglobal Leadership
Developing Global Leaders for today’s competitive environment
Northern California Human Resources Association (NCHRA)
April 28-30 Oakland Convention Center
CEOs identify finding, retaining and developing global talent as a key driver to business success. But, where do you begin when your organization needs to create a global leadership development system? What does it take to be a successful global leader? Assess your organization’s (and your own) transglobal capability and build a framework for global leadership development. Learn how and why good local leaders are not necessarily effective transglobal leaders. Expand and grow your business by understanding how successful transglobal leaders interact with others.
For more information, click: HR West® 2014
Liza and Linda Sharkey at the NCHRA Conference in Oakland speaking on Winning with Transglobal Leadership
I was delighted to be a speaker at the Empowering Teams 2013 Conference in beautiful Prague this past November!
This exciting conference focused on the importance of developing and empowering teams to outperform business goals and the use of Sociomapping to visualize the relationships between the teams. Participants learned different strategies on global leadership development.
My keynote topic was Building Your Transglobal Leadership Team . This topic is focused on leading edge strategies and my own personal experiences in global leadership development.
The following day, I led workshops on: How to Identify, Coach and Develop a Transglobal Leader. HR executives learned different tools on global leadership development: interviewing global talent, creating meaningful developmental experiences, identifying high potential global leaders early in their careers and working with executive coaches as part of global leadership development.
- World-renowned personalities – Lectures on day 1, workshops and discussions on day 2
- Enhancing team effectiveness – Transglobal leadership, sociomapping, brain-based approach and more
- Unique know-how – news, trends, best-practice, networking
“I am glad you participated in our conference in Prague – your excellent keynote presentation and your highly evaluated workshops were important part of the success of this conference. I am looking forward to deepening of our cooperation. Thank you again.”
~Radvan , Conference Organizer, Empowering Teams Conference 2013, Prague, Owner QED Group
Some prior speaking engagements, conferences & panels:
- Empowering Teams Conference, Prague
- Public seminar, Visioning your ideal life, Silicon Valley
- Careers, Marketing Undergraduate class, Santa Clara University
- Own Your Career, Drexel University, Graduate class Human Resources
- Panelist, Women in Business, Smith College, MBA class
- Conference Host & Organizer Human Resources Summit, HP
- Career Panel, Womensphere Conference, New York
- Diversity Panel, Harvard MBA Womens Conference, Boston
- Careers and Women, International MBA, Hult International Business School, Boston
- Dartmouth University, MBA Class
- MIT, Sales Undergraduate Class
- Gender in the Workplace, Pharos Corporation, Brussels
“Liza had a very professional keynote speech at our conference. She created a powerful emotional connection with the participants, engaged them and got their attention 100%. During the following workshop participants appreciated her experience and perspective. Very professional and very human at the same time. Thank you Liza!”
~Nikos Balamotis, Conference Organizer Empowering Teams Conference 2013, Prague, CZ